Last Saturday I asked Jacob what he wanted to make for dinner. After some contemplation, his response was, “Go to Macaroni Grill.” Punk. So that gave me the idea to see if I could make my favorite dish from there — Pasta Milano.
Not knowing how much it would make, I did a double batch. That turned out to be too much, but we ended up eating it all up the next night (with cedar plank grilled salmon, yum!) when Jill and Kerry came over for dinner. Since I bought way too many sun dried tomatoes and some extra heavy cream I had pretty much all I needed to make more tonight. It turned out well again and we have a ton of leftovers.
UPDATE: Here is a local copy of the recipe in case the two links above disappear.
First prepare the Alfredo sauce — it is added to the actual recipe below.
Alfredo sauce ingredients:
¼ cup butter
1 cup heavy cream
1 clove garlic, crushed
1½ cups grated fresh Parmesan cheese
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Melt butter in medium sauce pan over medium-low heat.
- Add cream and simmer for five minutes.
- Then add garlic and cheese and whisk quickly, heating through.
- Stir in parsley and add to recipe below.
Pasta Milano ingredients:
1 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. roasted garlic
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 Tbsp. sun dried tomatoes
1 tsp. fresh parsley
2 oz. chicken stock
3-5 oz. cooked pulled chicken*
1 cup Alfredo sauce
4 oz. cooked bow tie pasta (about 2 cups cooked)
1 Tbsp. grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Heat a 10” saute pan. Add olive oil, mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes, parsley, stock, chicken, and garlic.
- Add Alfredo sauce, bow tie pasta and toss.
- Put in large pasta bowl, and (optional) garnish with parsley, Parmesan cheese, fresh tomato and fresh basil.